Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!



Hello, everyone! :D Merry Christmas! How has you holiday been? Ours was very busy, but even that is an understatement.


It all started yesterday--which was eventful in more ways than one. You see, I injured myself all day long. The first thing I did was ram my small toe into an eight pound dumbbell--behind which sat another eight pound, two five pound weights, and then two three pound weights. My toe is now a nasty shade of maroon--no pictures will be forthcoming. So, limping through the remainder of my day--I discovered that Shark Week had arrived, which rendered me practically useless even with the added pain killers and caffeine. Seriously...can't Mother Nature just text me instead? :( Later in he evening I burned my hand on our fireplace. I decided after that, that maybe I should avoid all dangerous activities--like being awake.

We had endless cleaning and cooking before our Christmas Eve dinner with our family friends. My dear friend Jessie was even there with her mother, Mrs. Stacie. It was a great night! We exchanged Christmas gifts and I discovered that my lovely friend had made me a scarf! I absolutely love it and I can't wait to wear it out in public! :D I will post a picture as soon as I find and outfit that compliments it! :D Mrs. Stacie also gave me a jewelry box with my aunt's favorite Bible verse on it. Haha, I will have to keep her from stealing that! ;)

I gave her an infinity scarf, a pair of sunglasses, and some Bath and Body Works stuff! :D No really good pictures of last night, sadly. When you are running like a chicken with it's head cut off you don't really have time for pictures. :( Today we did get some good pictures though. I was exhausted though, I woke up at what I thought was 5:30--but it was actually 4:30 because my little desk clock can't be set back. It did give me a chance to shower and clean up early though. :)

After having Christmas morning breakfast with my grandparents and family friend Mrs. Cynthia, we opened presents to each other. I gave my mom an MP3 player with my brother, I gave my dad a gift card to one of his favorite stores, my sister a jewelry making kit, and I gave my brother an Imagine Dragon's CD. :) In return, my brother gave me the first season of Gomer Pyle USMC, and my sister gave me "Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"--a book that I have been wanting to read for quite some time. So far it's really good and very intriguing. I'm nearly halfway through it already! 0_0 I must pace myself because I will need a book to take to college with me this semester.


I have a distinct feeling, however, that this book will get a bit scary before too much longer. Now I really wish I had gotten that Castiel I asked for, for Christmas.

After Christmas breakfast we went to my grandparents house, where all the 'adults' play a Dirty Santa game--where basically everyone brings a gift and you all steal gifts from each other. I'm not a big fan, but this year I did manage to snag a Bath and Body Works kit that was even in my scent! :D Very happy about that.

After Christmas there it was off to my aunt's house (my mom's sister) where we had some light snacks before opening even more presents! There I got a pair of black, chandelier earrings, a aqua infinity scarf, and an iTunes gift card. :) The gift card was great, considering the fact that today I got my very first iPod!

My sweet and very generous parents got me the iPod 5 for Christmas this year, and I am SO excited! They also gave me a gift card to Radio Shack so I can get a case for it--which it desperately needs because I don't want ANYTHING to happen to my new baby. I believe I'll try to hit the store in the next few days, as soon as the craziness wears down.

I also got "The Fault in Our Stars", more Bath and Body Works goodies, a Union Jack/British mug set (tea included), a sketch book and some beautiful new colored pencils. The movie "Hotel Transylvania", aloe socks, a wide assortment of candy, and a sweater with a really cute owl on it. Over all it was a very generous and blessed Christmas! :D


But now that Christmas is over, it's time to focus on going back to school. Books have to be ordered, and new supplies bought. The truck's due for a good wash and vacuum (I basically live out of it during the semester). One good thing is that I have already gotten my official paperwork in order (months ago) so I don't have that stress on me or my mother.

I've excited to go back to school, but I'm also nervous. But we've gone over this song and dance a million times already haven't we? So let's break out of the loop for a bit. School is coming--no more shall be said until the actual first day! After that I'm probably not going to shut up, either because I'm complaining or I'm a little too eager to tell any and all good news I have.



But I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Christmas, and that you have all been blessed! :) Now it's onto the New Year, and I hope that God blesses every one of you!

Merry Christmas, Lovely Bloggers! :D









2 comments:

Jamie said...

Merry Christmas again! Your Christmas day sounded nice and you got so many wonderful gifts! I need to get myself some bath and body works at some point here. I love the Sweet Pea scent! I actually like the movie Hotel Transylvania, so I think it's great you got it! :) AND YOU GOT THE IPOD THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY BECAUSE NOW YOU'RE ON INSTAGRAM!!!! And iPods are just darn cool; I'm so glad I got myself one. This sounds really ridiculous, but I sometimes wonder how I kept up with all my social media sites before I had it. :) I also have taken a lot more pictures of my life, which is a good thing. :) ALSO IT HAS SOME REALLY FUN GAMES FOR FREE LIKE TEMPLE RUN AND FRUIT NINJA AND MATCH DOTS AND MINION RUSH AND TRIPLE TOWN AND SNIPER S.

Sorry, I got too excited there. But I know how awesome something new like an iPod feels and I'm really happy for you! :P :)

~Jamie

Rebecca said...

Hey, Jamie!!

Thanks, your Christmas sounded awesome too! I love Hotel Transylvania and now my whole family has been watching it! :) Sweet Pea is one of my favorite scents, I also love Miami Heat! I FREAKING LOVE iPODS TOO!!! I have been wearing my Instagram out these past few days! :) I'm so glad that we get to chat more!! It's so much fun!! I also don't know how I kept up with all of this stuff now either! ;)