Thursday, November 6, 2014
How can something like life get in the way of the internet? Well pretty easily. Pinterest has actually taken a back seat for me as the semester has wore on. Well you know, trying to graduate with an Associates can do that to ya. Lots of classes lots of work.
But what other than school has sucked me under? Well 6 months with an amazing man will also do that for you. For the past six months I've been dating an amazing person.
Meet Ben. :) 3rd degree Black Belt and teacher, huge awesome nerd and my best friend.
So yes, spending time with someone can take time away from the Internet. But there are several things in my life right now that I am very happy about, things that are huge blessings. So as a quick post here they are. ;)
1) My awesome God
2) And amazing guy who buys surprises me with flowers, and tells me I'm beautiful everyday
3) Good friends who stick through thick and thin with me
4) My new kitten Marie
5) A good job where I am advancing
6) A new internship
7) New car coming up soon. :D :D Yes Ruby is getting really old now, so she will have to be replaced soon. :(
8) New camera--possibly a Canon 6D
10) New friends that have been made throughout the semester
11) Wisdom to handle hard situations now....how did I get that? Simple got my butt kicked some
12) New adopted brother is adjusting well to home life!
13) Transferring to a new college and am rooming with my friend Kaley!! :D :D
14) Good smelling hand sanitizer
15) My new dress that I bought for a special occasion
16) Fall is finally here and it is getting colder! :D
17) Benedict Cumberbatch is engaged!
18) Plans to see dozens of new movies this winter
19) Double dates with sweet friends
20) I have finally turned 20!!!!! The big 2 0 !!!
21) The future--plans come in and out, anything can happen, but hopefully awesome, great, life changing things!
22) A new major that is better suited for me and that I think I can do very well in!
23) A's on ,my tests!
24) Flowers in my room. Two sets of them now!!! They are gorgeous!
25) Awesome movies. I am watching a new movie a week almost now!
26) Sharing my favorite shows with someone special
27) New nerdy friends at work and school
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Something is just not right with that picture. A messy slobby me dressed in simply gym shorts and a ratty play T-shirt, hair pulled into a dilapidated updo that hangs to one side, scrunched over a computer pecking out a post about my thoughts and struggles over healthier goals. Ahhh sweet college life I have reached your finest hour.
But what's the deal about the health stuff? As most people know I'm a sucker for a sour gummy worm, a Mountain Dew, and the large fry. Why am I writing about health???? Mainly because somehow, during the chaotic two weeks that crawled from both heaven and hell, I accidentally slipped into it. Perhaps it was by some miracle, or simply because I needed better nutrition to survive--either guess is probably about 50% accurate.
Over the past two months, I've been making some healthier choices. Less carbs, more protein and veggies--blah blah blah the basic usual. But a few things that I've done have really helped, and those do not directly pertain to the more veggies less carb rule. They are these simple four things. I'm not doing five because five is cliche and already this post veers towards it--one less cheesy rounded off number the better.
1) No Takeout
Now this one makes my own skin shiver a little--as previously stated love me some waffle fries. But honestly this rule really REALLY worked for me. Take out is, and I think most people would agree, not the best of choices despite its delicious appeal. So cutting it out actually helped a lot. My stomach felt a million times better--I had been getting sick a lot, so without the extra greasy food once or twice a week I saw a big improvement. I eventually got to the point where I really didn't crave it, even when everyone else was enjoying it I was content to each a plain sandwich or homemade salad. The extra weight I'd put on over the past semester fell off like no ones business, which felt great.
2) More Exercise--but Not as Much High Intensity
As my boyfriend has previously pointed out---many many times--exercise is great, but high intensity isn't always so good. Doing Jillian DVDs is still my ultimate love, my favorite exercise, but they are high intensity, very toiling on the body. In the past two months I've pinched a nerve in my knee over eight times, hurt my back severely about two times, and somehow wrenched my arm--still figuring out how I managed that one. I am careful with workouts, I follow what is done to the letter and I don't do stupid things, but occasionally you get hurt, that's what happens with high intensity workouts. So.....you have to mix them in with lower intensity. For example.
So far this week I've done about three days of Jillian, the other days I used on running-which is a lighter workout for me--and swimming which was extremely nice. Mixing these lighter days with the harder ones actually insured that I worked out every day! It kept me from getting injured, which was nice and meant I could actually move the next day, and strengthened areas that my DVD was missing. Very very nice.
3) I Actually Did Eat more Veggies--and Fruits Cause I Love Sweets
Yea, I did adhere to the eat more good stuff rule--mainly in the fruit department though. Ate a lot of those, and that, on top of the less greasy food, really helped my stomach to stop hating everything I put in it, and then threatening to send it back up.
Mainly I got addicted to grapes and basically any type of berry. Lots of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, you name it I started replacing candy and so forth with those.
4) Candy Only Once a Week or Once Every Two Weeks:
Again, pretty much no brainer but hey, cutting out a few sweets a week really helps. Now I only have a few treats every now and again and always carefully controlled.
I'm still having trouble with caffeine. I crave it every morning, get awful headaches, and feel lousy until my veins are basically filled with caffeine and hyperactivity. And an ultimate fitness goal would be to eliminate it from my diet completely, and I have had a few no caffeine days, some good some not so good. I have pretty much switched from soda to coffee, which is good, and I am working towards only drinking a little coffee a day.
All in all I'd say I'm happy with my results---though two days ago I had my first takeout in months and had a chick fil'a with waffle fries. I haven't worked out today because my cat is using my yoga mat as a bed and I'm tired from running errands. We all have "down" days. ;)
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
I am so in love with my mockingjay pin it's not even funny. It's the perfect little photography prop!
My Castiel Bookmark. :)
And now for some Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whimey
My friend Hannah in her Doctor Who shirt and hat.
And a mini sonic.