Friday, October 18, 2013

Supernatural Feels!



Yes, let me tell you my story. The story of how I came to find and love Supernatural. 
I will make this short as I have a project I need to finish and a book I need to get back to reading (the Silmarillion) 


I'm a little late to the party--try eight years--but I'm not sorry. I found Supernatural a few months ago, actually via my mother. She watched the show and enjoyed it, and after a while I decided to watch it. I was a little nervous at first because I am a big wimp when it comes to scary stuff, especially supernatural things. The ghosts in my closet were more terrifying to me than walking across a busy intersection blindfolded. 

I actually watched Supernatural while I was sick with a 102 fever. I curled up in my bed and watched seasons 1-5 in just a few days. Needless to say I didn't sleep well. Not because I was really scared, but because I actually started to have hallucinations somewhere around twelve o'clock. Yea, waking up and thinking you see Castiel standing in your doorway will really scare the living daylights out of you. 

At some point I actually woke up, stumbled down the stairs, tried (unsuccessfully) to open the front door and  then started screaming at the top of my lungs that Dean Winchestor was outside and mom needed to let him in. After that mom decided it was time to medicate the fever and she shuttled me back up to my room while I mumbled something about baking pie.

I. Kid. You. Not.


I also wrote an English paper with a 102 fever, and I finally got it back yesterday with a big A plus stamped on it! I was so happy I almost did a happy dance in the hallway! :D 

But anyway, now that we have established that I am a fan, let's move on to the feels part of the post. 

I love this show, and I love the way it grows more complex as time goes on. They also kill a LOT of people, which really appeals to the evil author in me (out of 30 characters in my books, 8 survive). They show is also freaking hilarious--as many fans have stated before me. Basically this show is funny...until it hurts. :( I cried over Bobby, Dean, Sam, and especially Castiel.

Oh Castiel...


Favorite isn't a good enough word to describe the level of feels I have for this character! He is amazing! The torment he goes through for his friends and the entire human race is unbelievable. He sacrifices everything, and loses so much! Feels everywhere! 


He's also precious! 

He is so socially awkward, sweet, caring, shy, brave, and very disobedient! He's amazing! Misha Collins does a wonderful job portraying him! Most people are really taken with Dean and Sam, and while I enjoy Dean a lot (don't really like Sammy) I'm a Castiel Girl! 


He's like a lost puppy, you just want to pick it up and love it forever. :) 

He's also pretty awesome when he needs to be, he's tough and will do what he has to do to get the job done. That's a trait I admire. :) Granted, Cas has had his bad moments--but there again so has Dean, Bobby and definitely Sam and people still adore them. I love Castiel because he is good at heart, and will always try to do what is morally right--even when it means he will suffer because of it.


Also the bond Castiel shares with the Winchestors is really cool. No, I do not ship Dean/Castiel....not in the slightest. I think that while they do share a close bond, they are friends and friends alone. I also think it's important to be able to see true friendship without mixing in romantic feelings. 


He may not be the best looking of the trio (though I think he's cute), but looks really aren't important. Castiel is a good person/angel, and that's what makes the character so lovable!   

Castiel is awesome, so I'm now on his side! :D


I also have a new appreciation for the Chevy Impala....I mean, after watching this show, who doesn't? 


I also can't listen to "Carry on my Wayward Son" or eat pie in the same way ever again...But that's part of being in a fandom. It changes you! 


Well, as previously stated, this was going to be a short post. I've got an English assignment I'd like to finish today since I will be working tomorrow. So until next time! 

Carry on my Wayward Followers! 

Rebecca
  





2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahhh, Supernatural! I have only seen Season One but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series and meeting Castiel. I adore Dean. :)

~Jamie

Blue Raspberry Boy said...

I've heard a lot of great things about Supernatural! The characters and the story sound interesting!

Sadly though I don't think I can ever watch it because it shows demons and angels. I know several people close to me who can sense and sometimes see those kind of spiritual beings, so I kind of have a hard time seeing them portrayed on film/TV; it just feels weird (except for the angel of death in The Prince of Egypt!) But, that's just me. I heard another season of Supernatural is coming soon so I hope you enjoy it and that Castial doesn't die because he's your favorite!