Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Last Day as an Eighteen Year Old!


It's been a long day; most of it spent on the road. Between lugging around countless pieces of luggage to driving six hours my energy level drained out completely. Yet, despite my sleepy state, I'm still excited because tomorrow is my nineteenth birthday! 

Little ole me is finally turning nineteen this year! It's been a thrilling journey to this point, one with a lot of pitfalls and joys. While I know there will be plenty more highs and lows, I'm looking forward to this next chapter of my life! :D My nineteenth year begins within a few hours!
I continue to tell myself what a wonderful period this part of my life is, and how fortunate I am to have had such a wonderful eighteenth year! I still have a lot of spiritual growing to do, and a lot of learning ahead of me, but I will continue to challenge myself to put my trust in the Lord, for he is the master of all things and the guardian of my soul! 

Everyone around me seems to be growing up so fast! Many of my friends will be either turning nineteen this year, graduating High School, or learning to drive for the first time! Big milestones are being reached in our little group, and it fills me with never ending joy! Seeing my friends and their lives beginning to blossom and grow is a happy time! Although, I will say, the driving part does have everyone a little freaked out! :D

Any who, this past week we have been on a vacation to the beach, and we loved every minute of it! My sister was actually very sad about coming home! :( I have a lot of snapshots I'd like to share, but for now I think I'll just post a few!

Last night, such a beautiful display! 

We went to eat at a yummy seafood restaurant with my grandparents the night before we left. On the way home my siblings and I decided to have some fun! 
Got up early to take a last few pictures of the ocean. I'm already missing it! 


We got back in good ole Georgia heartland after lunch time! I was glad to head home, despite my love of the ocean!  



Us being silly! I love this girl! She is such an amazing person and friend! :D So grateful to have her in my life!

Not long after we got home my amazing friend Jessie (whose mom had been keeping the farm for us!) came over and we had a girl's night in! We laughed, talked and celebrated over a delicious dinner of Subway and a few episodes of 'Say Yes to the Dress!' We generally goofed off and clowned around the entire evening, and had a complete blast! I've really missed seeing her! With her work life being so busy these past few weeks, I hadn't gotten to see her for almost a month! It was good to reconnect and spend an evening having fun! 

Well, that's my last eighteen year old day. It was beautiful, sad, exciting, magical, and scary all at the same time! Thanks so much to my Lord who continues to provide, protect and love me everyday! Thanks so much to everyone who has stuck with me during this past year, and to all of you who have listened to my rants and boring news over and over again! Thanks to everyone who stood, and continue to stand, beside me as I grow into the woman God wants me to be!

Thanks to everyone!





2 comments:

James the Reviewer said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca! Hopefully I can get well so we can hangout. :D Funny pictures too. :)

-James

Jamie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like being nineteen but I'm terrified at the same time because the months seem to go by quicker then ever which means I will be twenty before I know it! TWENTY SOUND SO INTIMIDATING! However, I'm trying really hard to stay in the present and not worry too much about the future. Heehee!

Have a great amazing birthday! *throw confetti and cupcakes into the air*

~Jamie