Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises to the Occasion.


Yep peoples! I got to go see the Dark Knight rises movie in theaters last night!

Now, as most of you know--I was going to go see it last week. But Jacob caught a nasty cold and the two o'clock showing was canceled. So we had to wait a week. But that was ok cause we've had one hectic week

Anyway, yesterday my brother and I spent the day hanging out with James and Jacob. We just basically hung out, ate pizza and then went to watch the Dark Knight Rises movie! It was a lot of fun and thanks SO MUCH to James, Jacob and Mrs. Rita for inviting us! :D

Anyway, it was 'Get in Free Night' at the movie theater--so as you can imagine that attracted a lot of appealing people--but more on that later.

Anyway, the movie was actually very good! I was pleasantly surprised! I mean, I knew it was going to be a fairly good movie...I just didn't know how good! I'm not a Batman fan at all so this movie had to be pretty good to get my attention.

I won't give you any real hints as to the ending or plot--but probably by now most of you have seen it so I will disclose a few things as I give my opinion of the movie.

Well, first off the score was amazing! It had a lot of umph to it! So once again another great work by Hans Zimmer!

The acting was superb--especially by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! She was brilliant!! She WAS Catwoman!!
Bruce Wayne had mellowed a good bit--but other than that he was pretty decent too! Also Liam Neeson as Ras Al Gul made several appearances and that pleased me plenty. :D

The plot was pretty good--very much like an end of the world movie though. Getting a little tired of those themed movies but this one actually made a decent bit of sense. I won't tell you about it though, just in case you haven't seen it yet!

The action was amazing! Perfectly plotted and executed! Thumbs up to Chris Nolan on this one!

The ending was superb and not as sad as we were lead to believe. Things actually worked out for the best. So that was a plus--I hate seeing movies with sad endings.

There were a few things I didn't like though.

Like, Bane's early life was mislead for part of the movie and later on after you discovered the truth they didn't explain why he'd mislead you. But hey, I guess an evil overlord doesn't have to explain much now does he?

Also, Bane's death was merely brushed over--and wasn't given much explanation or epic conclusion. I mean, we were left wondering if he was really dead or not. And then in the final scene Bane's villainy level seemed to drop from a 10 to a 3. Yea, rapid change there dude. Suddenly he just wasn't as strong, bad or dangerous. What was up with that?

Also, the movie started several questions that were never answered. I won't mention them because they give away key elements of the plot--but still those questions needed answering. But maybe, sense I don't read the comics, I didn't understand the link ups. Oh well. :)

Also, in the judgement scenes where Bane has taken over the city and has put all the rich and powerful on trial--I'd have to say that I was very disappointed with the set and overall feel of that scene.
To be perfectly honest it had more of a Harry Potter feel to it than a Batman vs. Evil Overlord feel. I'm serious, half way through it I expected Voldemort to walk in sentence Gordon and the others to death. I mean really? Was that all necessary? Oh well.

Also, batman just seemed clunky in his armor. He seemed like he was waddling everywhere. Sorry dude, but Jason Bourne could kick your butt in his street clothes!

Also, Christan Bale's voice as Batman--though better than last time--was still bad.
Hard to understand and just too over the top. He did a great Bruce Wayne though! Though at the beginning he was playing an aging Bruce Wayne which I suppose only makes sense. This movie does take place almost eight years after the last one!



But as for the movie as a whole, I liked it. It was fast paced, semi well thought out and fun to watch. I wouldn't put it up with great movies--but I'd probably put it down with most other super hero movies in the just fun to watch category. Sorry but it's true.

But would I reccomend this movie to you? The answer is a rock solid YES!! Go see this movie peoples! You will enjoy it!

But as whole I liked it and had a great time hanging out with my friends! :D I hope we can go see more movies together sometime in the future! :D

So thanks so much to James, Jacob and Mrs. Rita for inviting me and my brother to go! We really liked it! :D

So until next time!

Your ever busy blogger,

Rebecca







1 comment:

James the Reviewer said...

Good review Rebecca! :D After thinking about it for a while I agree with what you said after watching the movie, The Amazing Spider-Man better. :) Hathaway was "perrrrfect" as Catwoman. :D You might want to add a major spoiler warning though, you kind of spoiled a lot of the movie.

-James