Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Little List of Publishers.

 
And believe me, it's a short list.
 
My mother, my sweet and AMAZING mom, got me a writer's market book so I could--yes you heard me--start looking for publishers!
 
I believe that my book has reached a point where it is ready to, at least, take its first baby step out into the real world.
 
But you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a publisher for young adult. You wouldn't think that would be too big of a problem but believe me it is! Especially since I'm an unpublished author who doesn't have an agent. I doubt highly I will be able to get an agent and go to some of the big name publishers right off the bat, but maybe, if I can get this series published, I can move up! :)
 
I've found at least three that I really like, one of them sounds really really good, but I'm very skeptical and picky. Just a quick note: I don't care about money. I just want a publisher who will market my story well and give it the best possible chance, money isn't a big deal. As long as people actually get to read my story, and maybe even like it, I'm happy. I don't want to be the author of a five and dime novel that ends up in the thrift store. :( I'd like to have a book that stood out--doesn't have to be Hunger Games big--it just has to hold it's own.
 
But yes, there, I've announced it in so many words. I'm in the first stage of trying to get a book published. So far, God has graced me with giving me my list of possible publishers, and hopefully he will continue to bless me as I travel down the road I feel he has lead me on. There will be rough seas ahead as I get the rejection slips that come to any author--but with God's grace, help and provision I will see this project through and (hopefully) be blessed.
 
Thanks so much for your continued support and I hope that you will continue to read and keep up with the progress. I'll write about the process of publication more in the following months--hopefully I'll be able to find something that other authors can use as well!
 
Please PRAY for me, the book, and the publishing process. Please pray that I can find a good, trust worthy publisher who will help me all they can; who will give my book the best shot it can have and that the book will, ultimately, be published! Also please pray that I don't got out of my mind! :D
 
As always, any and all advice or tips are welcome! If you have something that might help me in this journey, or that might help others, SPEAK UP! We authors have to stick together! :D
 
Thanks again!
 
Your blogger,
 
Rebecca

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW, big steps! :) I'll be praying for you!!

~Jamie

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much! :D I really appreciate it! :D