Monday, March 4, 2013

Why I've Been Gone

 
Well, I know it's been a long time! Sorry that I didn't get a chance to answer all of your awesome comments! Truth is, I haven't even looked at my blog until now! :( Things have just been so busy! What have I been busy with you ask? Well, plenty of things!
 
For starters, I've been involved in another play this year! The same people who did Oklahoma have done another play this year and I'm in it! :D This year it's the Dixie Swim Club! For those of you who haven't heard about it, it's about five women who were part of a swim team in college. The five women are very close and make a vow that every year they will meet at a beach condo on the outer banks of South Carolina for a reunion. The play takes place over the course of several of these trips and some of the major life changes the girls go through!
I'm playing Jeri Neal, a girl who desires to be a nun. I play her in her early days after her graduation from college!
 
It's really been fun getting to do another play! I've met so many new and exciting people and have had an awesome time!

This is Taylor and me right before a show! She plays Vernadette, the clumsy brutally honest member of the group who also has a love of biscuits! We have SO much fun backstage! :D
 
The first performances were last weekend, but we have more this coming weekend as well! :D Needless to say though, it's been a lot of practicing and hard work--so that's partly why I haven't been able to post as often!
 
But here are a few pics from backstage!
 
 
We call this the "Stone Spray" it's the toughest hairspray out there! Seriously, spray something with this and it'll be stiff for a week! 0_0
 
 
Anna Lee (the girl who plays the younger version of Lexie:the self absorbed member of the Dixie Swim Club) has been really awesome and has done my hair for me these past few performances! This isn't a good picture, but basically there is a bump in the front, a HUGE bump in the back and a pony tail at the very back. It's a 1960s hairstyle and it's really cute! I can't believe she got my hair to do it though, my hair is very troublesome!
 
But anyway, overall the play has been going really well! Now it's nearly time for the Grand Ole Opry again and I have to hurry and pick a song! Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions, let me know! :D
 
But anyway, the play--as you can see--has really kept me busy. But the Dixie Swim Club hasn't been the only thing that's been occupying my time!
 
College midterms were this past week! YIKES! 0_0 I've never had to do those before, but I'm glad to say that the Lord blessed me and I was able to pass them with flying colors! :D YAY! :D Now I'm looking forward to going to school tomorrow and getting to enjoy a chocolate mocha at the coffee shoppe! Yea...I've become addicted to coffee now! Guilty pleasure!
 
But those are just some of the highlights of what's been keeping me busy! There's also been lots of other things that have occupied my time this week (including writing) and have kept me away from my beloved blog.
 
 But I'm back now and before too much longer I'll have LOTS of new writing posts for you to enjoy! :D
 
Well, I've got to run for my math tutoring session! So until next time!
 
This has been your happy, busy blogger,
Rebecca
 

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Cool! Sounds like a fun time, Rebecca. :)

James the Reviewer said...

Congrats on doing great in the play! Sorry I couldn't make it for the play. :/

-James