Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Future Home *Sigh*

 
Well, lots of girls plan out what their future homes will look like I know--but I just thought that I'd share my vision! :D
 
My dream home is a small, comfortable home out in the mountains--the model of home that I would like to have is the Whitdbey by Tumbleweed Tiny Homes! :D
 
It's 557 square feet (with extra room) and has utility bills less than 25 dollars a month because of it's small size! :D That's a big plus for a single girl or a young couple (whichever I'll end up being).
 

 
I wouldn't put brown wood there--just sayin.

 
There is supposed to be a wall--dividing the kitchen from the living room--but I think having it open is better. More room that way!

 
This plan doesn't come with a fireplace--but I would SO want one!

 
There is another--closed in--loft up there. I'd probably put my office up there, and downstairs I don't know about that table set. I want a white table with a yellow top--and mix matched yellow or blue chairs to match! :D

 
I LOVE the kitchen! Only thing I would change would be the glass cabnets. I want to use my cabnets for storage so I'd probably get wooden ones.

 
I've always wanted an island in my kitchen--so this is perfect!

 
I love the little half curtains here! I think I would make them a bright yellow with some white poke-a-dots just to add some color!

 
And I thought that this was a cute idea! I'm not sure if I'd do it--but hey, it's cute!

 
I believe these peeps put the bed up in the second loft--or in the back room. I'm not sure. Either way, I'd use the big, window filled room in the front for my bedroom!

 
In the front area I'd probably put something like this union jack dresser there! I'd love to have a  union jack dresser out there--just for fun! :D

 
I thought this was a great idea for the floors! Not sure if I'd be brave enough to try it though. Who knows--maybe I will! :D

 
I intend to have a semi large deck out back--for dinners and relaxation! This farmhouse table would be perfect! Just add a few chairs and two benches and you'd be ready for a dinner under the stars! :D

 
I'd also put these mason jar candles out back! I've made these before and they are SO pretty! :D I've tinted mason jars blue too--though I don't know if I'd use them for candle holders. Not sure if ModPodge is flammable or not. My opinion is let's NOT find out!
 
 

 
In the bedroom I'd do something like this. I always wanted a canopy--but they get so darn dusy! This way you can take the canopy down and wash it when it get's dusty! brilliant! :D

 
I will, of course, take my IKEA bed and my shabby chic dresser with me to my home! I think they will look nice in my future home! :D Besides--they both cost a good amount of money--so they are stayin with me!  

 
In the loft above the bedroom I would put in a desk like this for an office. I think it'd be a great place to hold up and work! :D

 
In the other, larger, loft I'd do something like this! Twin beds up there would be really cute and useful--especially if you had guests. Or if your hubby was banished to the sofa.

 
I would want the window up there to open--after all, good breeze is so refreshing!

 
The house as a whole would have a nautical feel to it. Lots of sail boats and sea foam colors! I'd also add some splashes of color to brighten up the place. Maybe a really bright blue or yellow here and there--just to keep the eye moving and to livin things up! :D
 
But overall, that's what I would like my house to look like. I'm trying not to  set my plans in stone because, after all, things and people change! I might get married and my husband might want a bigger house--though I'd probably fight him on that. Bigger homes are harder to clean and, more importantly, pay for. I want a home we can by cash on the barrel--no stressing over mortgages. This home can be built for less than 33,000 dollars! That's really amazing considering how little money a single woman or a young couple has! This would be a wonderful place to live in! It's small yes--but I like things to be small. Big houses are not on my favorites list--at all. Also there is still some privacy here--and since I'm semi introverted, that would be great! :D
 
And since the houes is small, you have to be very careful about clutter--something I absolutely hate! Clutter in a tiny house is a very bad thing. So being careful about getting too much unnecessary stuff is a must! But hey, a little discipline never hurt anybody and I'm usually good about getting rid of old stuff so I should be okay. But I might have to keep and eye on my husband (should I have one). Men tend to collect near as much junk as we females! *Sigh* Add that to the long list of reasons NOT to get married! LOL!
 
But there you have it! My vision of what I would like my future home to look like! I'm already saving up for it and hopefully I can get a part time job somewhere nearby so I can keep on saving! Maybe someday this lovely little home can be mine! :D But there again, who knows what God has in store! Like they say, sometimes on your way to the dream--you find a better one instead! :D
 
This has been your happy blogger,
 
Rebecca

2 comments:

James the Reviewer said...

Looks great. :)

-James

Rebecca said...

Thanks! I'm already on the look out for some good furniture pieces for my new home! Problem is I find really cute stuff--but I have no where to store it! :( Oh well, maybe I can find similar things once I start building the house! :D